I went into labour at 25 weeks gestation.†It was at†23:30pm and luckily, I was with my then partner, Nick. He phoned†999 and was told there werenít any ambulances available, so they sent the rapid response†car. I was taken into hospital and went straight up to the labour ward. After about 4 hours the contractions stopped and I was taken to a ward for overnight observation. During the night I woke up and had a huge stabbing pain going through my stomach. I stood up and there was†blood all over the floor. The†midwife took me†back to the labour ward and phoned my partner and my mum. My mum was first to arrive. My partner was nowhere to be seen. The midwife tried phoning my partner but he had switched his phone off, 7†hours later he arrived. After 37†hours in the Labour ward, a doctor told me that I needed to have an emergency c-section. Half an hour before I was due to have the c-section my partner asked me to give the baby up for adoption because he didnít want a child with disabilities. I told him where to go. I had a little girl. She weighed 1lb 11oz. I called her Connie- Louise. She was taken to Taunton Musgrove Park Hospital. I was told that there was a 50/50 chance that she would live. I didnít know what to do and I felt useless. I also went into shock. I was in hospital for 2 weeks on the Bracken ward in Taunton hospital, so at least I was with her for the first couple of weeks. After I was discharged from hospital I didnít want to leave Connie but there were no spare rooms in the Neonatal Unit that I could stay in. I visited Connie 5 times a week having to travel on the bus from Yeovil to Taunton. On the 19th December Connie was then rushed to St Michaelís Hospital in Bristol.

She had an operation on her bowl. She had a hole in it and it needed to be repaired. Connie ended up with an ileostomy. She then had an operation on her heart; itís called a PDA ligation. They put a clip on a duct in her heart so that she could breathe for herself. She was kept in St Michaelís over the Christmas. The nurses put a stocking†at the end of her incubator. She had a photo taken with Father Christmas. I went home Christmas Eve, then came back on Boxing Day. There was a room waiting for me to stay in at Bristol St Michaelís hospital. After Christmas she was taken back to Taunton hospital and remained there until she was stable. She had laser treatment on her eyes in Exeter. After 2 months she was allowed back to Yeovil and was taken to SCBU. She weighed 5lb 2oz when she was allowed home - 143 days old. She is now 3 years old and I doing fine. She has no disabilities what-so-ever and is healthy. I havenít seen her dad since the day she was born I donít want to either.